Come and be a part of our future!
Niagara Habitat is completely run by a team of volunteers.
There are a few ways to help:
- Help us build our next house.
You don’t have to be an expert in construction – only the desire to see the outcome of what one day of labor will do – help a family put a roof over their heads and provide safe shelter for their children
- We have several committees that need support.Consider joining one of the following:
- Family Selection/Nuturing – prospects, selects and educates prospective homeowners. Become a Mentor for a New Homeowner!
- Fundraising/Publicity – Develops and executes much needed community awareness & fundraising activities to cover building costs.
- Building – Manages the operations and assists with the projects
- Finance – Research and write grants, manage major donations and events
- Become a Board member
We are seeking new board members who have a passion to make a difference in our community. If interested, we would be happy to discuss how you can help. Please contact Daleen Lewis by email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Become an Intern
- Our interns have helped with social media sites such as Instagram and Facebook.
- They help develop and update the Niagara Habitat for Humanity Website
- By volunteering and being present on the site, they get an all around perspective on the project and how important it is.
- If interested in becoming an intern, please contact Elizabeth Diachun at email@example.com
Volunteer Safety Information:
Safety is our top priority! Please make sure to follow these steps to help ensure your safety while on the job site.
1. Before arriving to the job site please make sure you are dressed to work. Including: Closed toed shoes, pants, work gloves. If you have long hair please make sure it’s tied back.
2. Before arriving to the job site please take our free online safety course. http://hfhaffiliateinsurance.com/volunteers/ This will help us to know that you have an understanding of the safety precautions on site.
3 . Make sure you have read and signed our release and waiver form before starting any work on the job site. If you have not signed a form you may not work on site. To receive a form please contact our office @ 716-285-2877 or at the job site.
4. Make sure you have received a safety briefing from our crew leaders each day before work begins.
Again if you do not feel comfortable with any task you may be given please let us know right away. We want to make sure everyone is safe and also having a good time.