The benefits of Habitat Home Ownership are tremendous. You will gain…
- The satisfaction of buying a home of your own.
- An interest-free mortgage which costs much less than a traditional bank mortgage.
- Home maintenance skills learned through attending classes for new home owners.
- A strong sense of community and pride from working with other volunteers and donors.
- Opportunities for your children to benefit from the stability of home ownership and to learn from your example about working hard to capture a dream.
In return, Habitat Partner Families are expected to…
- Complete 500 hours of Sweat Equity volunteering with Niagara Area Habitat before moving into your house. By partnering with us, you will not only build your own home but stand along side other new homeowners helping them build their dream as well.
- Work with habitat, before and after the house is built to publicize Habitat’s mission.
- Attend Home Ownership classes designed to help you prepare for the responsibilities of home ownership.
- Maintain positive relationships with volunteers and donors, community members and your neighbors as a Habitat home owner.
- Make regular monthly payments on your mortgage without default.
- Maintain your home in good repair throughout all seasons.
If you are interested in becoming a homeowner, please fill out the information in Contact Us and we will be happy to explore the opportunity with you.